Monday, November 3, 2008

The Tale so far...

Well - where to start. The beginning would seem to be the logical place... but that's sooo long ago!! I started riding a bike about 4 years ago, when my lovely hubby bought me my first ever bike! Lots of wobbling, crashing, trauma and learning later, here I am! Along the way I've met some fantastic people (a lot through http://www.vorb.org.nz/) and developed a love of endurance events. Biking for me is about having fun, challenging myself and generally getting the most out of the sport that I possible can. In the last 12-18 months I've learned to push my body (and mind) harder than I would have believed possible... I've learned that I'll never be fast, but that I'm stubborn enough to just keep on going and going.... I've learned that no-one that matters will laugh at you for trying - but sometimes you have to laugh at yourself!

No comments: